The expectations underlying the following responsibilities are that they will be taken seriously and will be translated into actions that produce desirable educational results in a context of mutual respect and consideration.
- Design a course that logically aids the student’s developmental progress in the discipline.
- Share knowledge and facilitate learning.
- Provide timely, constructive feedback.
- Respond promptly to questions.
- Refer students to appropriate academic support services if needed.
- Hold students accountable for meeting course requirements as specified.
- Treat students fairly and equitably.
- Set aside preconceptions and approach learning activities with an open mind.
- Read the course syllabus carefully; refer to and heed its policies throughout the term.
- Regularly attend class, confer as scheduled on individualized studies, or engage in on-line activities as assigned.
- Be prepared for class, whether it be a seminar; field trip; individualized study; or an on-line course.
- Observe deadlines for all assignments.
- Participate in classes, no matter which type of delivery system is involved.
- Take advantage of academic support services if needed.
- Take responsibility for learning.